The regular Local Rules have been included below. However, from time to time Special Local Rules are published, together with Winter Rules. The precise dates between which these rules apply are detailed on the Club Notice Boards.
- OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27-1)
- Beyond any line of posts, fence or wall bounding the course.
- Beyond the line of white stakes behind the 15th green and at the 16th, 17th and 18th holes.
- The Clubhouse and the artificially surfaced areas and flowerbeds surrounding the Clubhouse.
- Beyond any line of posts, fence or wall dividing the course from the practice ground.
- INTEGRAL PARTS OF THE COURSE (Rule 24)
- The stiles in the fence at the 11th, 12th and 13th holes.
- The angled wooden supports in the fence at the 11th hole, adjacent to the right angled stile.
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 24-2)
- The roadway crossing the course.
- Staked Trees. If such a tree interferes with the player’s stance or the area of his intended swing, the ball MUST be lifted and dropped in accordance with Rule 24-2b(i).
- Tracks topped with forest bark or stone chippings.
- The 150 yards distance markers are movable obstructions.
- WATER HAZARDS (Rule 26-1)
- All ditches and ponds on the course are water hazards.
- Water hazards marked with yellow stakes or lines are ordinary water hazards.
- Water hazards or parts of them to be treated as lateral water hazards are marked with red stakes or lines.
- PRACTICE AREAS
- STONES IN BUNKERS
- FIXED SPRNKLER HEADS
N.B. The ball must be played as it lies, or declared unplayable.
Practicing is permitted on the day, or between rounds, of a stroke play competition on the Practice Ground and the Practice Putting green. During play the Practice Putting Green is a wrong green (Rule 25-3 applies).
Are moveable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies)
All fixed sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference by them may be obtained under Rule 24-2. In addition if such an obstruction on or within two club lengths of the putting green of the hole being played intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief as follows:-
If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and is within 2 club lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay which is (a) not nearer the hole, (b) avoids such intervention and (c) is not a hazard or on a putting green. PENALTY for breach of local Rules 4(b) and 8 - Two strokes.
- Match Play - LOSS OF HOLE
- Stroke Play - TWO STROKES
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF A LOCAL RULE: